Student Laptops in 2023
Due to a change in Education Department policy, Stawell Secondary College will no longer be able to enter into any new leasing arrangements for Laptops in 2023.
What are your options?
To ensure the best possible access to information, communication technology and to meet the expectation that every student will have access to a laptop, Stawell Secondary College has made the following three options available to parents. Please note that if you indicate you would like to purchase or bring your own device, but change your mind, you can still access the library laptop option at any time.
OPTION 1: PURCHASE A DEVICE
• Parents may purchase a laptop from our preferred supplier ‘Learning With Technologies’ using the online portal http://stawellsc.orderportal.com.au
• The portal offers parents multiple methods of payment including BPay, credit card & PayPal.
• The 3 laptops offered meet all the requirements that students will need for school use including options for insurance, warranty and accessories.
• Laptops purchased in December 2022 will have delivery guaranteed for mid-January 2023.
• Laptops purchased through this site are sent directly to the school, enabling efficient distribution to students via Xuno. Students are then able to download their own free software from the education links provided using the students own Edupass details that will be provided by the school.
• Laptops purchased in this manner have the advantage of onsite repairs at Stawell Secondary College for all warranty and insurance issues.
OPTION 2: BORROW AND RETURN A LAPTOP FROM THE LIBRARY EACH DAY
• Upon signing a Borrowing agreement, a student receives the same computer each day which they collect from the library before school and return to the library after school between 3:30 and 3:45 pm. This may not be a new computer.
• Installation of all appropriate software included. No other software or music allowed.
• Access to school IT support staff for routine maintenance and problem solving.
• Warranty is arranged by the school.
OPTION 3: BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP (BYOD)
Students bring their own laptop to school.
Laptops must be:
• Minimum Screen Size of 13.3″
• Core i3 Gen 10 Processor / AMD Ryzen 3 Processor
• 8GB RAM
• Operating System of Windows Professional 10 64Bit
• 256GB SSD Hard drive
• 7 Hour Battery
• 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless LAN
• Be less than 4 years old
In addition to the above please note that:
• IT staff can offer support but cannot help with hardware or virus issues.
• Repairs and warranty issues will need to be arranged and completed by the family.
• Laptops are required to be insured by the family.
• Once a BYOD device no longer fills the required specifications it will no longer be able to be used.
• Please note: Apple devices CANNOT be used as these are not supported by our network technology.